The Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Cross was founded in 1844 in Menzingen. For this reason we are often called "Menzingen Sisters".
Our foundress, Mother Bernarda Heimgartner, felt called to a new form of religious life, to a life among the people. She encountered God in the world. Through holistic education of youth she endeavoured to permeate society with the spirit of the Gospel.
Our foundress Mother Bernarda
Influences on the Founding Event
New form of religious life
Biography of Mother Bernarda
Emblem of the Congregation